- An SEO plugin (like yoast, all in one seo) is the first step.
- Adjust and tinker with SEO plugin settings and keep doing it.
- Connect analytics and search console.
- Install cacheing and image compressing plugins.
- Activate it.
- Since it’s a blog, you should also make it AMP proof.
- Backup your site using a backup plugin and be safe.
- This can also help if you are changing domains or hosting service or if accidentally lost.
- Use search console to help Google crawl your site properly. You could fetch and use highlighters for a starter.
- Use analytics to understand your audience and build on it.
- Promote your site through various blogs and sis coal medias(like this question that you asked on quora).
- Continue using blogger for a while longer to shift traffic.
- Use Google plus and eblogger if necessary 😉
You could do all this on your own and optimise your blog on wordpress. But eventually it’s the content and quality of posts that drives the traffic.
Subscribe for more articles here [mc4wp_form id="151"]